Dairy QC Job Description:
- Prepare accurate volumetric solutions and general reagents, reference standards and working reference standards to be used for sample preparations, calibration, and analysis.
- Prepare Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for in process quality control and final products.
- Prepare Worksheets for analysis and ensure accurate analysis is performed during in process quality control and final product quality control.
- Initiate requisition for impurities and chemicals required for analysis.
- To follow cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) and cGLP (Current Good Laboratory Practices).
- Reliability and repeatability of Quality Control test results for raw materials, Milk, finished products and packaging materials.
- Testing results conformity to benchmarked test results and conformity to regulatory guidelines.
- Monitor all operations that affect quality, supervise and guide analysts, inspectors, technicians and other laboratory staff.
- Responsible for the proper use, security, safety, maintenance and calibration of QC Equipment.
- Design sampling, storage and inspection procedures that ensure efficient testing of raw materials, in process samples, finished products while ensuring traceability.
- Co-ordinates sampling, testing, monitoring, evaluation, documentation and reporting of the quality assurance activities in a manufacturing environment.
- Appraise customer requirements, participates in the investigation of product quality related market complaints and ensure their satisfaction.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Perform any other duties as may be lawfully assigned to him/her.
- Diploma in Food Science.