Duties & responsibilities
The Data Intern is responsible for updating, inputting and correcting data into our databases. Furthermore, You will be conducting research to complete missing data, and then adding it to the databases. The work is expected to be completed within 3 months with the possibility of extension.
General duties and responsibilities of the Data Intern include:
· Compile and input data from paper based forms into Excel.
· Check work for completeness, accuracy of data, correcting data errors and wrong formats as well as other quality issues.
· Provide weekly progress updates and data sets to Data Manager.
· Perform research to complete data entries or establish new data sets.
· Review data sets, re-format information, sort data and provide it in the agreed upon format.
· Liaise with team members who require the data and provide it in a user-friendly format.
Expected deliverables within 3 months:
- Completed databases of.
- Financial data – To cover trends over specific periods in terms of amounts and consistency of payment.
- Attendance – To cover seasonal/daily trends in terms of numbers and Individual trends and consistency
- Health – E.g. vaccination records, weight, MUAC, height, nutritional data, developmental milestones
- Home Visits - Market indicators, data and trends
- Merging and aligning current data
- Ensuring quality and completeness of data
- Identification of information for data entry, cleaning up data and ensuring entries are comprehensive
Additional responsibilities include:
· Managing and Protecting data is the intern’s number one priority
· Respecting time, superiors, and instructions.
· Taking part in trainings and meetings whenever called upon.
· Work with the team to understand the rationale and process for maintaining the daycare reporting and data collection systems.
Experience & personal qualities
· Strong practical experience in Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Communication skills in both Kiswahili and English.
· Previous experience acquired in research, sociology and data entry and management is an asset.
· Assertive and makes recommendations to improve process.
· A first degree in Statistics or Actuarial Science.
· Good written English to a standard that can be submitted for donor review.
· A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
· Proficiency in data based spreadsheets.
· Ability to produce quality work with speed and accuracy.
· Meticulous and strong attention to detail.
· An individual with pronounced interpersonal skills, skilled at building and maintaining relationships, with an ability to command attention and respect, and an ability to be respectful in return.
· A team player who can work well with colleagues from different backgrounds.
· Maturity, confidentiality and respect