Reporting to the Head, ICT
Database Administrator & Report Writer (DBA/RW) is responsible for;
- Modify and maintain existing databases and relational database management systems (RDBMS) with a focus on Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and later to industry standards and best practices.
- Database administration and security management
- Create and maintain routines for database backups and test restores with full documentation
- Troubleshoot and resolve database performance, replication, and security issues
- Design, implement, and administer High-Availability, Disaster Recovery (HADR) configurations across the WAN.
- Participate in implementing business continuity and disaster recovery plans and testing
- Design, develop, publish, and maintain management dashboards and SSRS reporting solutions
- Work directly with decision makers and end users to understand, define, and document current and possible future reporting goals, needs, and requirements
- Utilizing a helpdesk tracking system, documents timely status and completion of requested reports and projects.
- Work as an integral member of the IT team to support the efficient and effective management of data throughout AutoXpress
- Performing day-to-day system management and support functions; developing reports requirements, systems implementation and deployment, systems support, helpdesk call logs.
- Reporting to management on the impact, effectiveness and utilization of the company’s systems
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- A degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or other relevant field.
- Database certifications, such as, Microsoft Certified Database Administrator are desirable
- A minimum 3 years of relevant work experience as a Database Administrator.
- Excellent design skills; conceptualize complex data flows/transformations and implement them using ETL tools (SSIS)
- Proven experience with either SSRS, Crystal Reports, and technical requirements analysis
- Systems development knowledge and/or experience and/or network administration experience are an added advantage.
Important: Any application that does not adhere to the instructions below will be automatically disqualified
Candidates should apply via the Apply Button on this page (including an up to date resume), then fill out the form on the link below: