Roles and Responsibilities
Position duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Understanding credit, AR, cash application & collection policy and procedures, and execute in compliance with company credit policy
- Assist in the setting up of the credit control system
- Request accounts department to process credit notes as appropriate
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Research disputes and resolve queries within specified time frames, Manage Disputes related to Collections
- Ensure all Client reconciliation issues are raised with respective departments and sorted and/or escalated to the line manager
- Collect all outstanding debt from customers within the credit control policy and as per set targets.
- Monitor the actual and projected exposure against credit limit
- Circulate debtor statements to clients as per set timelines.
- Prepare demand letters for issuance to clients where appropriate and as per policy.
- Perform regular visits to intermediaries and clients for statement reconciliation and collection of outstanding premiums.
- Allocate all payments received within 2 days from date of receipt and/or share payment advice with accounts and follow up for allocation to be done.
- Analyze and reconcile all client statements and circulate on a monthly basis to all stakeholders to facilitate collection.
- Ensure timely resolution of all client queries. Manage an issues tracker, updated daily with all issues raised.
- Provide adequate service to internal customers of the credit department.
- Ad hoc tasks as needed or assigned in support of the credit control function
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Has highly developed IT skills (MS office) and an understanding of, and an ability to operate computer based financial management systems, and to assist others with their operation.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CCP, CPA)
- Client relations experience would be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications with subject line as “Debt Collector/Credit Controller” by 15th July, 2019.
The application should be a cover letter and CV as one document and indicate the title of the position on the subject line this will ensure we capture your application in the right way. Applications should include contact details of three professional referees. One referee must be the applicant’s immediate supervisor.