- Confirmation/verification of received shipment documents.
- Advising on additional information /documents required.
- Confirmation of invoices to ensure values tally with customs valuation for similar items.
- Confirmation and advice on HS Codes to be used for IDF/ entries.
- Ensure documents in files are correct and in order.
- Customs Declaration of all cargo.
- Advising company and clients in respects to declaration.
- Monitoring of lodged entries and taking necessary actions as required.
- Ensure timely resolving of declaration issues with authorities.
- Attend meetings and forums especially those related to Customs Documentation.
- Follow up of shipment tickets with KPA/ CFS.
- Liaising with Finance/Clients for payments of taxes and shipment costs
- Timely cancellation of security bonds.
- Proper records of bonds in effect and those cancelled.
- Ensure forwarding clerks have all required documents for clearance of cargo at KPA, CFS & KRA.
- Occasionally be involved in verification and physical clearance of shipments at KPA, CFS & KRA.
- Advice management on improvement areas to help realize growth.