Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide routine and emergency dental services, including exams, diagnosis and treatment plans, cleanings, general restorative procedures, crown and bridge, removable prosthetics, uncomplicated endodontics and minor oral surgery.
- Undertake general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and established dental hygienist procedures.
- Prescribe and interpret X-ray and lab studies.
- Administer and prescribe anesthetics and medications.
- Advise and instruct patients regarding preventive dental care, the causes and treatment of dental problems, and oral health care services.
- Ensure the delivery of all dental treatment and care is consistent with all regulatory, accreditation and professional standards, including clinic policies and quality initiatives.
- Demonstrate high degree of knowledge and competency in the practice of dentistry and associated charting requirements.
- Ensure accuracy, efficiency and appropriate confidentiality with patient charting and related recordkeeping.
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you by your superiors from time to time.
- Holds a Diploma in Community Oral Health from KMTC or other recognized training
- Current practicing certificate.
- Computer literate
- Desire to continuously improve the quality of dental care provided by the department.
- Have capacity to multitask within strict timeliness
- Good public relations and communication skills.
- Proven work experience of at least 2 years in a similar position.