The Depot Manager is responsible for, monitoring procedures and standards to achieve consistent high-quality products produced in an efficient manner. He/she provides leadership for, and develops the abilities. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the best quality products, excellent customer service by maintaining regular quality audits, good, compliance with local regulations (OSHA, Department of Health, etc.) and HACCP.
- Planning and organizing production schedules.
- Assessing production and resource requirements.
- Ensuring payments for bread is done on time. 2. ensuring the crates are returned back.
- Ensure growth of sales.
- Ensure smooth running of the depot.
- Ensure timely deliveries to customers.
- Ensure departure and arrival times are correct
- Coach and train the staff under him
- Coordinate and report on all the issues to the sales and marketing manager on daily basis
- Able to recommend staff for employment to the HR.
- Be able to give sales forecast for proper planning and control returns from the market.
- Be able to make right decisions for the depot.
- Overseeing sales and the depot processes.
- Re-negotiating timescales or schedules as necessary.
- Collating and analyzing performance data and charts against defined parameters for continual improvement
- Promoting Safety & Health of all workers and equipment in the Plant
- Doing production reconciliation; SAP, Sage and Excel at the same time keeping production cost low by ensuring that production consumables & tools consumption are optimally utilized and driving root cause analysis initiatives on all non-conformities.
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong background and work experience in Bakery or Bread Industry for 4 years and above.
- Bachelor Degree in Business/ Marketing Food Production or Relevant Courses.
- Good working knowledge of bakery production equipment such as mixers, dividers, rounders’, proofers, etc
- Working knowledge of process controls and industry standards
- A good understanding of working within a budget and meeting those goals.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Clientele interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
SALARY FOR THE ROLE: 70-100,000