- Plan for stock availability
- Coordinate stores operations.
- Inspect store hygiene and cleanliness.
- Report on stocks and transport.
- Maintain the attendance register for depot staff.
- The incumbent is expected to provide measurable input to the depot business strategy within the limits of the role
- Modifying systems, practices and approaches while also influencing working methods.
- Ensures a cost-efficient operation in excess of current best practices
- Provides the leadership and direction for the depot operations.
- Liaises closely with shipping companies, trucking companies, port authorities, and other statutory authorities to ensure that their requirements are met.
- Liaises closely with vendors, suppliers, external consultants, etc to ensure that divergent deliverables are met as required by the terminal.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Supply Chain Management, Materials Management or Business-related field.
- Diploma in Procurement or Materials Management.
- Understanding of the transport industry and an ability to relate with the shipping company and other associated industry managers.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
- Extensive understanding of modern terminal operations including computer terminal management systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Container Terminals operational practices.
- Experience in finance-related matters, setting budgets and reporting against financial objectives.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 150,000 – 200,000 (Approx. 1500 – 2000 USD) depending on individual skills and experience.
Deadline: 25thApril 2019.
Job Category: Lower Mid-Level.
Job Location: Dagoretti, Kenya.
We endeavor to make
contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of
applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks
your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean
you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job
board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***