- Ensure that all labour in the section is effective and efficient and that all staff achieves the recommended daily tasks.
- Maintain staff discipline and welfare in accordance with the company policy.
- Train staff in grafting and all other practices required from time to time.
- Ensure that the nursery, operations are provided with all the necessary equipment for their smooth and efficient operation.
- Ensure that the quantity and quality of seedlings are produced to meet the requirements.
- Maintain constant dialogue with the Clients concerned as to their seedling requirements.
- Ensure that all plant husbandries including spray programs within the scope of the nursery are performed to the highest standard.
- Source Avocado fruits from the market for planting seed for grafting.
- Source for Avocado scions for grafting.
- Plan and forecast Avocado seedling grafting and delivery as per the seasonal demands.
- Ensure the nursery operations adhere to customer standards (as per audit guidelines)
- Handle and address any deviation on standards (customer responses)
- Ensure that various team leaders, scouts and supervisors keep accurate records of all operations carried out in the section.
- Maintain Irrigation/Fertigation records, spray schedule and records of sowing, grafting and deliveries of seedlings
- Forecast deliveries
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 2 years’ management experience in a horticultural field
- Educated to degree level in relevant field, with 1-2 years’ experience in similar role - BSc in Horticulture or a related field
- Attention to detail
- Client, quality and results oriented
- Computer literate
- Fluent in spoken and written English