Deputy Chief of Party, USAID/Somalia Monitoring, Verification and Reporting project, Nairobi, Kenya
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
USAID/Kenya and East Africa intends to award a five-year, single holder IDIQ to provide monitoring, verification and reporting services for USAID’s portfolio of activities in Somalia. The data will report on challenges, successes and changing development priorities in Somalia, enabling USAID to adjust its strategy accordingly.
**Please note: Only East African regional nationals are eligible for this position. Somalian and Kenyan citizens are encouraged to apply**
The DCOP will design and oversee the implementation of evaluations, analyses, designs and assessments, and the full review, revision and maintenance of the performance management plan (PMP), project M&E plans, and implementing partner M&E plans. The DCOP also serves as the lead on the annual data quality assessment.
- Oversee production and ensure the quality of all assessments, analytical reports, evaluations, and other technical deliverables to USAID.
- Update the PMP and contribute to the development of project log frames and M&E Plans for the USAID, in compliance with ADS 203.
- Design and manage collection of baseline data at the task order levels.
- Design and oversee training of USAID staff and implementing partners (IPs) in performance management concepts and processes; standardization of partner M&E Plans, work plans, and quarterly reports; and verification of partner data quality.
- Advise all IPs on the creation of aligned log frames and M&E Plans for their activities.
- Assist technical staff to review and revise the intermediate results in their results frameworks, as necessary, for more effective implementation and monitoring.
- Periodically review and discuss indicators and reporting with IPs and activity managers and help operationalize indicators by assisting USAID technical staff with definitions, data collection, and data analysis.
- At least five years of overseas experience in international development designing and managing evaluations, analyses and assessments, including the design of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols for performance and impact evaluations, and data verification techniques.
- A graduate degree in the field of evaluation, international development or a related technical field, or a bachelor’s degree and five years’ experience in addition to the required minimum.
- Prior experience in a high threat environment.
- Prior experience in supervising long-term and short-term M&E experts of diverse backgrounds.
- At least three years of demonstrated experience developing performance management plans, monitoring project implementation, and verifying data from large development projects.
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.