75K – NEGOTIABLE
LOCATION: NARU MORU
Duties and Responsibilities
· Monitor and maintain quality specifications of lines of fruit from allocation to production line, through to the supply to marketer.
· Ensure that all Packhouse policies & procedures are adhered to by staff and the production line
· Implement the pack plan instructions from the Packhouse manager and ensure these are followed.
· Ensure that all data for grower line reporting is completed accurately and passed on to the data team for compilation.
· Through a specified maintenance plan/checklist ensure that all machinery within the plant is properly maintained and in optimum working order.
· Work with the Employment Officer to ensure the line is adequately resourced with staff.
· Ensure all supervisors are properly trained and that they train their respective teams.
· Resolve conflict and deal with disputes in accordance with employment and disciplinary code.
· Build rapport with team leaders and staff on the production line ensuring open lines of communication.
· Ensure all Health & Safety and Food Safety standards and policy are adhered to
· Through an understanding of HSE best practice ensure the safety of yourself and your staff
Qualifications and Requirements
· MUST have fresh produce experience
· Be able to work 6 days per week
· Numeracy - Experience working with and a good understanding of numerical or financial information
· Microsoft Office Suite - Intermediate
· Data Analysis - Experience extracting useful information and translating it into actionable objectives
· People Management - Experienced in best practice HR, managing people effectively in order to achieve business objectives
· Health & Safety - Awareness of H&S legislative requirements, and experience in the implementation of these
· Industry Knowledge- Experience working within horticulture or primary industry
· Role specific knowledge- 2 + years’ experience in a similar role
· Self-motivated/Self-managed/Self-starter: Has an underlying concern for doing things better. Is self-driven, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
· Team player- Able to work effectively with others to achieve an optimal outcome.
· Able to interpret the feelings, unspoken concerns, desires, strengths and weaknesses of others.
· Strong verbal and interpersonal skills- Able to communicate clearly and effectively and at the appropriate level with various types of people