We’re looking for a Super talented design intern to join our crew at Maison Interactive. Someone with a passion for making gorgeous, ground-breaking work and who’s ready to be involved in every stage of the project lifecycle, from brainstorming creative concepts with the team to production and delivery. All the while, ensuring deadlines are met, all the way to launch.
This is a broad role that benefits from a passion for design and an excitement for learning.
- You are talented, driven and with a passion for making gorgeous, ground-breaking work.
- You are ready roll up your sleeves and execute to get the job done.
- You’re capable of managing multiple projects.
- Your love for world-class examples of design, experience, and technology are boundless.
- You meet deadlines and can work fast
- You are self driven, able to work with minimal supervision,
- You are hungry to learn and grow
- You give a crap about your work and “Okay” is just never enough.
- You have the the grit and the willingness to go an extra mile to deliver on set deadlines with impressive work…….. We don’t expect okay work….. We expect exceptional work
- You have a great attitude and a lack of ego. Maison Interactive works hard to keep our office a prima-donna / drama free work zone.
- You should be creative, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and a team player.
What we are looking for:
Apart from the above, our perfect candidate should have the following kind of experience and knowledge:
- Has an intimate knowledge & proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (You should consider Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign to be something like family)
- Has Excellent typography and layout skills, and experience designing successful and well thought out user interfaces.
- An affinity for consistency, color use, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details. While exercising a good eye for aesthetics.
- Strong conceptual thinking. Our designers are expected to not just flawlessly execute ideas but are required to play an active role in coming up with the initial ideas.
- Maintain a go-getter attitude and show strong personal initiative to better yourself.
- Strong communication skills. Able to clearly express and explain your ideas.
- A self starter, able to manage your own workflow and deadlines – We do not baby sit here at Maison Interactive, Every team member is required to be able to set their own deadlines and to ensure all work is done within the time limits.
- The ability to work as part of a team but also able to tackle small projects alone with speed and efficiency.
- Comfortable with planning and executing redesigns as well as new-concept design projects, from start to finish
- Strong desire to learn and grow daily through professional development, reading, and staying current on design trends.
- Attention to detail – whatever it is you’re doing is done thoroughly & with an attention to detail
- Able to liaise with vendors and promote healthy relationships with all our vendors.
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Ability to balance long-term projects against day-to-day requests
- Up to date with industry leading software and technologies (In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop etc)
- Highly proficient in all design aspects
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
- Professionalism regarding time and deadlines
- Drive to constantly learn and improve, keeping up on current design trends and tools.
- Illustration experience
- Motion graphics and / or relevant animation experience
- Experience with photography, videography, animation, or similar
What you will most probably be working on:
- Creating layouts and designs for logos, advertising, and marketing collateral for print and digital
- Using data to design infographics
- Work directly with Creative Director for concept and direction of projects
- Partner with front-end developers and create web layouts
- Produce brand standards and style guides for clients
- Be the keeper of the brand look and feel and ensure all creative broadcast across all channels lives up to the highest quality of all our client’s visual standards
- …..And more
This position is for someone who wants more than a 9-5 job. We are looking for someone who is passionate, who wants to grow and who wants to do amazing work. Someone who is ready to roll their sleeves and get work done. At Maison Interactive, we work hard, have fun, and build awesome projects. Our culture is collaborative, creative, fun, and expectations are high.
Think you might be a good fit?
Email your application to email@example.com.
Please include a link to your online portfolio or email us samples of your best work. Your resume, links to your behance and LinkedIn profiles and anything that makes you stand out from the crowd (be creative!).