The main purpose of the role will be to bring supply market expertise, by ensuring a constant delivery of tangible and intangible benefits for the business by applying effective sourcing process and to ensures agreements are in place which fulfill the customer requirements whilst also meeting the needs of the business.
- Coordinate sourcing plans jointly with either the global category managers or the regional strategic sourcing hub in line with local/geographic category strategies.
- Review and update sourcing plans on a periodic basis in alignment with the release of new updated category strategies.
- Deliver tangible and intangible benefits to the business
- Ensure the local category sourcing and framework agreement meet the business requirements through the execution of the strategic sourcing process.
- Follow BAT policies, standards and platforms including the agreed sourcing management methodology and approach and to deliver robust terms and conditions that manages BAT’s service delivery and commercial risk.
- Identify new products and services that may impact on sourcing execution and escalate to PBM (Procurement Business Manager)
- Lead the process of constant improvement of local supply base by exploring new methods and techniques and sharing best practices to provide maximum benefits for the Business
- Lead the process of sourcing execution to ensure delivery of the category strategy and targets.
- Drive and facilitate “source to agreement” for specific local categories. This includes the resolution of any T&C agreement related issues.
- Ensure all relevant agreements and supplier SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) have been agreed with the relevant business owner.
- Manage negotiation and supplier selection within the framework of the category strategies and sourcing strategies.
- Capture and report end market compliance using the agreed compliance platform and escalate through the Procurement Business Manager.
- Provide forecasts on prices and market changes as an input into planning where appropriate.
- Provide information on negotiation results (all specs/grades, clear duration, validity for orders or deliveries) in timely manner.
Experience & Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of supply market, supplier capabilities and competitor activity, and expected trends at a local level.
- Proven capability of applying supplier management techniques to ensure contracted benefits are delivered.
- Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers.
- Experience in managing projects to improve performance and deliver service.
- Professional knowledge of procurement principals, including negotiation skills.
- Sound knowledge of corporate regulations and legislation to ensure the creation of effective contracts.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven negotiation skills and influencing skills: able to influence business partners and suppliers as well as the ability to be assertive if required to ensure compliance to contract.
- Strong numerical ability.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships working across geographic boundaries.
- A focus on service delivery and savings.
- Approximately 3 to 5 years of experience (preferably) in a FMCG company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement Management or any related field
- Relevant business qualification
- Fluent English
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Contractual Legal Entity: BAT Kenya plc (KE10)