The successful candidate will be responsible for
managing on - site team responsible for collections operations with direct
accountability for recoveries performance, full cycle, personnel management,
quality of service and budget management. The ideal candidate should have
experience working in a Financial
lending Institution in East Africa region that uses Technology with strong
analytical, organisation development and hands on operational management
- Managing on - site team responsible for collections operations with direct accountability for recoveries performance, full cycle, personnel management, quality of service and budget management.
- Responsible for developing and implementing collections strategies i.e omni -channel collections, account segmentation and new technologies.
- Responsible for developing and managing quality assurance programs, performance reporting and continuous improvement projects.
- Identify, prioritize and implement collections tests and improvement strategies with team of analysts and supervisors.
- Identify root cause of issues impacting collection results, communicate tradeoffs/risk for different solution.
- Develop and report on KPI progress as well as indicators/inputs impacting performance.
- Evaluate performance of team members and provide guidance regarding development.
- Relevant Bachelor Degree
- Masters is an added advantage
- Experience working in a Financial lending Institution in East Africa region that uses Technology with strong analytical, organisation development and hands on operational management skills.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Collections with at least 5 years of Management experience above the supervisor level.
- Experience managing teams who are servicing the East Africa region and deep understanding of Regional difference
- Experience directly hiring and managing collectors and supervisory staff.
- Deep experience assessing and utilizing operational and customer data to identify performance gaps, drive improvement, highlight opportunities and future growth.
- Excel, SQL or other business analytical tools experience.
- Comfort with ambiguity, a rapidly changing environment and communicating assumptions risks and decisions.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Experience with call centre and telephony tech systems.
- Experience working with an international team.
- Willingness to travel within the region.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh. 500,000 – 700,000/= (Approx. 5000 – 7000 USD) depending on individual skills and experience.
Career Level: Executive Level
Education: Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma Certificate
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline: 15th Feb 2019
We endeavour to
make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of
applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks
your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean
you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job
board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.