Direct Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
Supervision: Overall SBU – Sales & Presales, Projects Head, Project Manager, Product Manager
Job Category: Director
Travel Required: yes
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide strategic thrust and ensure achievement of overall business objectives of the SBU
- To create customer focused business strategies and to provide overall direction to the sales and marketing and project delivery functions of the SBU
- To ensure high quality market intelligence information is gathered on a continuous basis, analyzed and interpreted accurately so that management can take quick pro-active, corrective actions, whenever necessary
- To be responsible in Innovation, latest product development trends related to the SBU
- To make the SBU achieve the industry leadership in the specific business in the market
- Achieving targets for revenue, profitability and sales growth.
- Acquiring new customers and achieving the highest customer satisfaction
- Manage and coach the senior sales and presales leadership team to develop leads, actively target and follow-up with clients, identify and prioritize profitable business opportunities
- Define and align the go to market strategy for each solution and appropriately execute a sales plan with the on ground sales team.
- Promote the company as a company in the market to ensure brand recognition and awareness.
- Lead the team and drive the solution/vertical alignment, value driven prospect engagements and closure of opportunities
- Provide technical design and frameworks for Financial Reporting, Business Planning, performance optimization, scalability, security, and reusability with the market.
- Identify and align solution features and functions to solve key business needs within markets
- To launch new solutions/products suitable to market needs
- Responsible for establishing operating procedures, work assignments, planning, and all project management activities
- Provide leadership for the SBU by defining the vision and providing input and guidance to the overall SBU teams at the regional level.
- Performance Management: Manage employee performance e.g. Weekly/monthly continuous performance discussions and provision of feedback. Translate strategy into executable plans while motivating your team with clear direction by setting clear goals and KPIs each quarter.
- Succession Planning: Develop the next leadership bench in your team through identifying and working with HR in developing your team’s talent potential e.g. coach, mentor and facilitate development of direct reports.
- Behavioural Role Model: Emulate the company’s corporate values through your behaviour such as rewarding and voicing support for good behaviours as much as you reward technical competence.
- Team Engagement: Engage their employees and manage diversity within the workplace by encouraging and personally participating in employee engagement activities.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- % Revenue and profits generated
- % Achievement of strategic objectives.
- % of new business and customer Acquisition
- % of successful Projects Delivered
- % of Customer Satisfaction achieved
- Master’s degree in public finance or other related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- Relevant professional qualification
- Member of a relevant professional body
- Over 10 years of relevant experience in driving profit center with strategic and revenue generation roles, proven record of leading sales in Public Finance Management Domain.
- Deep understanding of Public Finance Management process and the best industry practices in implementing PFM solutions.
- Strong background in IT Solutions such as IFMS, Budgeting, Audit, Project Investment management, Revenue Management, Debt Management, e-Procurement, HCM & Payroll, and Governance and Risk Management
- Good understanding of PFM industry, ecosystems and partners
- Experience in effectively working with national level ministries and agencies, local government institutions, senior government officials across diverse areas
- Good understanding of international and national procurement process including preparation of response to bids.
- Adapting to the market dynamics by rolling out trending solutions and products to meet market needs
- Experience in managing project delivery, pre-sales and sales force of 50+ people in team.
- Demonstrable experience in developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable product and solutions
- Proven leadership experience in a multi-cultural environment, prior experience in working in African market.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity.
- Decision making.
- Ability to interpret long term plans, programs and budgets developed senior management level.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Business/Financial Acumen, Business Savvy, Innovative.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to develop plans, programs, SOPS, and coordination of workflows.
- Strategic management skills.
- Proven willingness to develop others potential within their teams.
- Effective and demonstrated leadership skills for goal achievement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High Emotional Intelligence and enthusiasm needed to motivate a team to performance
- Work experience in fast-growth environment.
- Agile and resilient and shows interest in continuous personal development.
POSSIBLE CAREER PROGRESSION
Can broaden horizontal experience in the following role Departmental Director if the following skills and experience are demonstrated in current role:
- Domain expertise in another field such as Marketing/finance/HR
- Demonstrated enterprise leadership skills
- Agility to adapt to every changing environments
Can take promotional steps into the following roles Global Sales Director, if the following skills and experience are demonstrated in current role:
- Demonstrated success in revenue generation and strategic and tactical leadership
- In depth understanding of Global market trends and competitor landscapes
- Exceptional time management, multiple deal engagement and strategic thinking skills