Delivery of Skills-based Training
- Participate in an intensive 3-day training of trainers’ workshop on our programs training delivery
- Commit 100% to the program which runs from 8am to 5pm daily for 4-week periods
- Follow the overarching structure and flow of the curriculum, including behavioral skills, mindsets, technical, and employment essentials sessions.
- Prepare and personalize the sessions by reviewing curriculum materials, creating annotated session plans, and integrating stories or examples to increase participant learning.
- Deliver instruction that is rigorous, relevant, and appropriate for adult learners.
- Engage participants in active thinking and participatory learning using effective facilitation techniques.
- Explain complex topics in a non-technical way.
- Adapt his / her communication style to reflect and connect with the diverse experiences of participants.
- Differentiate instruction to meet individual learning needs and accommodate different learning styles.
- Provide in-the-moment feedback to the participants to clarify misunderstandings and/or encourage critical thinking.
- Administer, grade, and provide feedback to participants through session and weekly assessments.
- Collaborate with The Quality Coordinator and commit to act on any feedback based on achieving the required quality standard of the program
- Mobilizing targeted youth using specific promotional and communications strategies which include but are not limited to mapping areas in the community frequented by targeted youth, scheduling and conducting meetings with key stakeholders including community leaders to establish relationships and guidance to reaching targeted youth and distribution of flyers to faith based and youth serving organizations in the communities.
- Screening candidates and preparing them to attend to the training
- Support data-driven model by tracking student attendance and performance in class and on assessments.
- Input data using our technology platform (online tools and materials e.g. attendance tracker and demographic file)
- Serve as the primary point of contact between participants, program coordinators, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with our Data Coordinator and commit to acting on any feedback that intends to increase data completion to our global standards
- Ensure 90% retention of students by always demonstrating value of the program
- Any other administrative duties required to ensure successful operations of the program.
- Build relationships with participants, develop an understanding of their personal strengths and challenges, and foster a supportive classroom environment.
- Work with program mentor and our staff to identify and mitigate potential risks to participant success and achievement of their goals.
- Motivate and support participants to persevere through challenges and continue their journey of professional and personal growth.
- University degree holders in Business/Commerce/Education or related field.
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- At least 2 years’ experience in a customer facing Role.
- At least 1-year experience delivering training (e.g on-the-job training, formal classroom instruction, coaching or mentoring).
- Previous experience in coaching, training or instructional delivery is a key consideration for the role
- Experience teaching and/or working closely with disadvantaged young adults between the ages of 18 and 30.
- Motivational Fit. Passion for helping change the life trajectories of unemployed youth.
- Professionalism. This includes but not limited to adherence to a professional dress code, communications and engagement with supervisors, colleagues and students and pays close attention to detail
- Effective Communication. Excellent oral and written presentation skills in English – the language of instruction for all trainings
- Data Management. The ability to collect and analyze training data as required by our Program
- An openness to frequent feedback from students and the program team.
- Commitment to Feedback and Growth. Be self-reflective, openly receive feedback on his / her performance and should be able to apply feedback and pursue additional learning to improve his / her performance.
- Solutions and Results Oriented. A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence
Applications to be received on or before Friday September 27th 2019 by 5.00 p.m.