Our client is a supplier of Fresh Fruit and Vegetables (FFV) and Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) products to vendors in urban African markets. They provide a cashless B2B system to serve a distribution network of informal retailers i.e. kiosks, small scale vendors, mama mbogas and more.
About the role
The Distribution Manager plays an essential role in the order fulfillment process by managing the operations that occur within the Packhouse in support of product fulfillment to the depots.
The job holder will report to and work closely with the Warehouse & Distribution Manager for the strategic direction of the distribution goals to support business growth and address customer fulfillment issues.
Their overall duty will be to manage exceptional requests through the supply chain to ensure the most effective response whilst balancing the needs of the end market, other customers and Operations.
- Strategic planning of delivery processes
- Overseeing hiring processes, training processes, development, and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures
- Development of new territories, site identification and infrastructure development, material handling and process layout, route planning and customer service/experience strategic planning.
- Tactical management of delivery processes across territories
- Oversee daily routes and improve route plans to ensure timely deliveries.
- Develop distribution budgets and manage expenses within the budgets.
- Work with warehouse and logistics to ensure timely and accurate deliveries.
- Develop cost reduction initiatives while maintaining productivity and quality.
- Reduce inventory levels by accurately determining what product is needed and by when.
- Fully responsible for stocks conformance at all depots
- Assist in inventory management activities including receiving, storing, rotating and handling supplies in the distribution center
- Performance Management of Territory Officers
- Cost to serve as a % of revenue
- On Time and In Full,
- Technology Compliance across territories
- Net Promoter Score
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor’s Degree: Operations, Logistics, Business Administration, Supply Chain or any other relevant subject.
- At least 4 years supply chain experience ideally in an FMCG or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience using Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen principles
- A track record of setting up controls and systems to run an effective distribution system
- Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel skills
- Good understanding of supply chain processes and their interdependencies