You will have to interact with stakeholders including
hospital doctors, theatre staff, procurement and hospital administration.
You'll work strategically to increase the awareness and use of Hemafuse across
You will be based in a specific geographical location of Kenya and specialize in the same region though you may from time to time be asked to assist in other regions, if needed. You will have to make presentations and organize group events for healthcare professionals and other key stakeholders while also working with your contacts on a one-to-one basis.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Prior Work Experience Required
Applying candidates must have between 3-5 years of experience in sales of medical devices. Also, a driving license is essential.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
You will be involved in contacting potential customers, identifying their needs, persuading them about the suitability of Hemafuse, closing the sale by gaining agreement to our terms and conditions, and providing after-sale service.
As a company product specialist, you'll need to:
- Reach, and if possible, exceed assigned sales targets
- Plan work schedules and weekly and monthly timetables with the sales team and review future targets as the sales manager
- Arrange appointments with all stakeholders which may include pre-arranged appointments or regular 'cold' calling
- Make presentations to doctors, theatre staff and others involved in surgeries
- Organize local conferences and CMEs for doctors and other medical staff
- Win new customers, as well as developing long-term relationships with existing ones
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with medical and administrative staff
- Manage budgets assigned to you for your region and activities
- Make regular reports as required and keep detailed records of all contacts
- Regularly attend company meetings, technical data presentations and briefings
- Keep up to date with the latest clinical data supplied by the company, and interpret, present and discuss this data with health professionals during presentations
- Analyze sales data to improve results and make sure resources are effectively allocated
- Monitor competitor activity and products and keep up to date with new developments in the regional and national regulatory environment, anticipating potential negative and positive impacts on the business
- You may also be asked to perform the following activities:
- Train new users on use of Hemafuse product, alone or in conjunction with training team
- Observe in theatre and provide advice on the use of Hemafuse and to be on call at all hours to support Hemafuse use in surgery, especially for the first time a hospital uses the product
- This posting is open to all graduates; however, preference will be given to those with educational experience in Life Sciences, Medicine, or Nursing.
You'll need to have:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An outgoing and persuasive manner and negotiating skills
- Sales and customer relationship skills
- Confidence and persistence
- Patience and self-motivation
- Analytical and planning skills
- A flexible approach to work in order to adapt to changes
- Strong teamwork and networking skills
- Commercial and business awareness
- Smart dress and a professional appearance are essential at all times
- Additionally, the following skills are desired:
- Experience training clinicians on medical devices
- A strong existing network with Physiotherapists, Orthopedic Doctors and Occupational Therapists and Medical Practitioners
Commensurate to experience. Pay will be supplemented by bonuses or performance-related pay, if you're successful in meeting and exceeding sales targets. You will be offered travel allowances, laptop/tablet, mobile phone airtime, and health insurance.
Working hours typically are from 8 AM to 5 PM from Mon to Fri and from 9 AM to 1 PM on Saturday. You may have to attend early meetings or conduct presentations in the evenings at a hospital, local CME or conference venue from time to time. You will spend a substantial amount of time traveling to and from clients.