Key Measures of Performance
The performance of this role holder will be assessed on the basis of the achievements made on:
- Adherence to traffic laws
- Safety of persons transported
- Timely deliveries and collections
- Clean and well maintained vehicle
- Timely vehicle servicing
- Availability of vehicle requirements
- Accurate and updated logs and records
- Collect and deliver mails, packages and equipment.
- Maintain all deliveries and distribution records while ensuring confidentiality.
- Facilitate staff transport using the assigned vehicle.
- Ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, registration, logs, first aid kids and necessary spare parts are in the assigned vehicle.
- Ensure safety and custody of the vehicle, including tools.
- Maintain records for vehicles, log official trips, record daily mileage, record the use of fuel vouchers, and keeps records on consumption.
- Ensure the Club vehicle is used only when necessary/ minimize wastage.
- Ensure that, in the event of an accident, the necessary steps required by the rules and regulations are followed.
- Ensure cleanliness of assigned vehicle at all times when in use or otherwise and that the vehicle is in good condition before use.
- Carry out periodic checks on the assigned vehicle to determine maintenance needs and report accordingly and time
- Drive carefully at all times and ensure safety of the passengers, other road users, and the assigned vehicle.
- Ensure all vehicle reports are done on a monthly basis and submitted on or before the scheduled date.
- Assist in other duties in the office as assigned by the Administrative Officer when not undertaking transport facilitation.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffer protocol and courtesies
- Conversant with the road network and traffic regulations
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs
- Quick decision making
- Time management
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Guest oriented and service minded
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Valid Driver’s License
- KCSE Certificate or any relevant related field
- Basic mechanical skills
- Certificate of good conduct
- 3-5 years proven experience as a Driver