PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Assisted Partner Services(aPS) scale-up study aims to evaluate effectiveness and feasibility of integrated assisted partner services in western Kenya (Kisumu & Homabay Counties) to increase the number of people testing for HIV and prevent the further spread of the disease in the high-burden communities.
PATH is seeking to recruit a Driver for the aPS study, who will drive PATH’s project staff, consultants and visitors as needed, run office errands, collect mail and deliver packages/mail from the post office, maintain office vehicle in clean and serviceable manner, follow up with vehicle maintenance regulations and licenses and make recommendations to the Administrative Officer for necessary actions. This position is based in Kisumu.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
· Maintain a log book showing vehicle movement.
· Assist in workshops/training materials preparations.
· Drive project staff, consultants and visitors as needed.
· Maintain office vehicle in clean and serviceable manner.
· Run office errands, collect mail and deliver packages/mail from the post office.
· Assist with routing internal mail, photocopying, filing and making/receiving calls.
· Follow up with vehicle maintenance regulations and licenses and make recommendations to the Administrative Officer for necessary actions.
· KCSE certificate holder or equivalent or similar and Knowledge of Kenyan roads and terrain, specifically in Western Kenya.
· A minimum of 4 years’ experience in driving.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Fluency in spoken and written English.
· Ability to work extra hours when required.
· Certificate of Good conduct and First AID Certificate.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with a pleasant, accommodating approach.
Candidates must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.