- IRC Drivers are responsible for
- The safe transportation of IRC personnel
- The safe transportation of IRC materials
- The care and maintenance of IRC vehicles and their accessories
- Accurate filling and on vehicles on board documentation.
Key Result Areas
- Adhering strictly to the IRC’s vehicle policies and procedures, including the use of seat belts by all passengers.
- Daily and pre-long distance vehicle checks, accurate upkeep of the vehicle’s log sheet.
- Keeping vehicles cleaned, fueled and mechanically maintained.
- Checking and maintaining all vehicle accessories advising the Transport Officer of any defects or problems.
- Updating vehicles on board tools, equipment including, jacks, spare wheels, wheel spanners, stereo, VHF/HF radios.
- KCSE level of education
- Valid driving license
- Written and spoken English
- Pass score on IRC driving test.
Required Experience & Competencies
Demonstrable ability in the following competencies:
- Two years’ work as a professional driver
- No road safety-related fines or convictions
- Thorough knowledge of road rules and regulations
- Skills in minor vehicle repair
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Basic numeracy
- Knowledge (or ability to quickly learn) of HF, VHF and satellite communications equipment
Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email: IRCKenya@rescue.orgor report to the nearest police.