The successful candidate will be
responsible to manage all aspects of the department including but not limited
to front office operations, duty planning, inventory management, customer
satisfaction, monthly report, in accordance with hotel policies and procedure.
He/She will provide leadership and support to all members of front office,
implement and enforce the hotel standards of excellence in all areas
supervised. Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Maintain constant presence at the lobby and the reception area.
- Conduct daily pre-shift briefings to employees on rooms occupancy, arrival and departures, functions/event.
- Closely monitor all online channels for booking, guest feedback and reviews.
- Monitor and supervise all group bookings to ensure proper rooming list and allocation.
- Organize weekly, monthly training.
- Monitor tuck shop sales and ensure it is always fully stocked and up to standard.
- Ensure guest feedback book is in place, received and analyzed on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Follow-up with maintenance and housekeeper on room maintenance requests by guests.
- Monitors check-in/ check -out functions and that established standards on the same are adhered to.
- Update the guest profiles on daily basis.
- Responsible for the appraisals, development, and welfare of front office team members in liaison with the Front Office Manager.
- Make comments in the occurrence logbook on issues/concerns/happenings as and when they occur.
- Monitors appropriate standards of conducts, dress, hygiene, uniform, appearance and posture of all employees especially on night shift and Front office staff at all times.
- Make sure that the front and back of the house, particularly the public areas are clean and orderly.
- Tracks developments in competitor hotels.
- Degree in Hospitality management or relevant field.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to manage and prioritize challenging workloads.
- Significant IT skills, Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of Micros, Fidelio or Opera.
- Good command of English, French, Spanish or German both written and oral.
- Excellent Customer service skills and presentation skills.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 60, 000 (600 USD) + medical after probation.
Position Level: Junior Level
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline: 29th September 2019
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***