Appleton kindergarten and Montessori school is based in Kilimani along Muringa road off Elgeyo Marakwet close as well as near Ngong town at Zambia stage.
As a teacher in this
school, you will be tasked with but not limited to:
- Provide a nurturing and stimulating environment where children are free to explore their own interests and grow.
- Design and create innovative and stimulating learning materials
- Supervise and manage children both inside and outside the classroom, always giving freedom to the children to choose the activity they want to do in the framework of the curriculum.
- Co-ordinate with school staff to develop and carry out lesson plans for children to develop their social, emotional, physical and intellectual skills, as well as small groups to focus on academic topics.
- Facilitate class activities and individual /group focus time sessions as planned, encourage children ideas and support their understanding through problem-solving, representational work and conflict resolution.
- Observe children and interpret their needs. This includes: Monitoring and tracking children’s progress on a regular basis, prepare termly evaluations and termly personal learning plans for each child.
- Treat all children with equal importance despite gender, background, skills or abilities.
- Co-ordinate regular communication with parents about their children’s progress and challenges.
- Provide management with weekly lesson plans.
- Participate in team and staff meetings
- Participate in extra – activities like capacity building initiatives, training, team building, school parties, events, open house days as instructed by the management
The ideal candidate should have:
- A minimum of a certificate in E.C.D.E (KNEC)
- Must have a TSC number.
- Knowledge of best practices in early childhood education and a commitment to pursue continuous professional development
- Montessori Qualifications. Experience teaching in a Montessori school is an added advantage.
- Exceptional communication skills in English (speaking, writing) as well as computer literacy skill.
- Have the physical capacity and willingness to work with kindergarten children outdoors and under all weather conditions.