Company: Techsavanna Company Ltd, Nairobi.
Reports to: Manager – Database Systems Support
Role Description: Reporting to the Manager – Database Systems Support, the position holder will be responsible for system automation in planning, deployment, monitoring and administration of our client’s database systems.
The responsibilities include automation of general database administration tasks such as software installations, system configuration, backups, system monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting, security hardening and configuration management.
In this role you will be working with database planning and support teams investigating and understanding the manual process where you will automate them to create efficiency in the domain. Collaborating with other team members on the Database and Cloud Administration teams, your will be required to create a holistic approach for automation that can be extended for new tasks and database technologies.
- Develop automation for database administration tasks including setup, security hardening backup/recovery and general maintenance;
- Scale database systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of database services, from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Design BCP and HA automation for critical database systems to achieve zero downtime during maintenance and failures;
- SLA and OLA management and adherence for incident management and request fulfilment processes.
- Work as a team member on large, highly complex technical projects under minimal direction and supervision.
Role Requirement and experience
- BSc Degree in computer science or Engineering.
- With at least 2 years’ hands on Experience in managing databases;
- Experience in NoSQL databases, MySQL and other Open source databases platforms will be an added advantage.
- Database Systems Administration Techniques – understanding of DB Performance tuning on various Operating Systems, good troubleshooting skills, Database Migration and ILM techniques
- Experience with Configuration Management E.g. Chef, Ansible.
- Experience in scripting languages like Python and Bash.
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below.