FEMALE CANDIDATES PREFERRED
LOCATION: HARGEISA, SOMALILAND
- Set high academic standards for every student
- Prepare lesson plans in advance that teach core objectives and principles that are relevant to future education
- Track and report performance data to determine where changes need to be made and which strategies and methods are working.
- Develop stable, solid relationships with students with appropriate boundaries so they know you are available to help them when they need it.
- Communication Skills: You must be able to speak clearly to students, other teachers, parents and administration officials.
- Instruction Skills: You will have to explain new ideas and unfamiliar concepts with authority and in a clear and concise way so that students can understand. You must work to keep the students' attention
- Writing Skills: Teachers write progress reports, notes home, and in the case of post-secondary teachers, publish research. Writing skills are critical.
- Patience: The students you work with will have different backgrounds and abilities. Patience will help teachers deal with students who act out or have trouble following the material.
- Creativity: Teachers have to find ways to involve students into their lessons. Additionally, teachers may have to work with different learning styles to get the most out of each student.
- People Skills: Engaging parents and creating healthy relationships with students and faculty will help create a quality learning environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Qualified teacher
- Previous experience teaching in primary school setting.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Effective listening skills
- Creative skills and ideas for planning practical and interesting lessons
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- A friendly and confident manner
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A flexible approach to work
- Cultural sensitivity