The group is involved in Real Estate, Pharmaceutical,
Retail/Construction and Hospitality. The successful candidate must have
excellent communication and project management skills as well as being customer
service oriented. He/she will need to be flexible and accompany the Managing
Director in meetings in various locations, sometimes internationally.
- Prepare reports, memos, invoice letter and other documents.
- Answer phones and routing calls to the correct person or taking messages.
- Handle basic bookkeeping tasks.
- File and retrieve corporate records, documents and reports.
- Research and conduct data to prepare documents for review and presentation by boards of directors, committees and executives.
- Help prepare for meetings and accurately record minutes from meetings.
- Read and analyse incoming memos, submissions and distributing them as needed.
- Making travel and hotel arrangements.
- Perform office duties that include ordering supplies and managing a records database.
- Experience as a virtual assistant.
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming emails, faxes and other correspondence.
- Provide general administrative support.
- Arrange corporate events to take place outside of the workplace, such as golf tournaments, fundraising events and staff appreciation events.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject.
- Around 5 years of proven experience as an Executive Assistant or in an administration role.
- Legal background will be an added advantage.
- Strong organisational, project management and problem-solving skills with multi-tasking abilities.
- In-depth understanding of the entire MS Office suite and other software packages.
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- Problem solver with strong decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible hours and available to travel.
Monthly gross salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience.
Position Level: Upper Mid-Level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 15th March 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***