Horizons Institute of Entrepreneurship
Development (HiED) is the continent’s leading research organization focused on
promoting new and innovative ideas for AU-EU Projects. Our main activity is the
implementation of projects under some of Africa’s and Europe’s most influential
and groundbreaking Programmes. We seek to fill the position of Executive Coordinator
The primary function of the Executive Coordinator is to provide administrative and advisory support to the CEO, by proactively managing activities, calendars, callers, emails, other communication, and meeting/travel requirements in an effort to support the CEO. Professional maturity, good communications, Excellent in Microsoft office suite, attention to detail, discipline and high emotional intelligence are the key skills required.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
1. Support CEO by organizing calendars, preparing travel arrangements, arranging conference calls, and attending meetings.
2. Prepare CEO for meetings, including preparation of materials, briefings, & attendees.
3. Answer and handle phone calls and inquiries to the CEO office using appropriate etiquette and advanced level of spelling and grammar; speak with others using clear and professional language.
4. Create professional written communication, dynamic/engaging in-house and public presentations, reports, & spreadsheets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Must be between 22-27 Years of age.
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Public Relations or BA English Literature is Most Preferred.
3. Recent graduate, 2017 and above.
4. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
5. Excellent professional written and oral communication skills are a must.
6. Strong work ethic, Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
7. Basic accounting and financial management skills.
8. Ability to remain poised in a fast-paced, demanding, high-energy environment.
9. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, be self-motivated, resourceful and solution-oriented
10. Ability to handle highly confidential material with discretion.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Mode of Application
If you are interested in this position, submit your application. Application closes on Friday 28th February 2020 at 5pm.