MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- To provide transport services for the CEO to and from assigned destinations in a safe, efficient and courteous manner, strictly adhering to road traffic rules.
- The individual will need to be extremely efficient in managing their time in an environment which is dynamic and liable to change at very short notice
- The individual should be able to think ahead and choose the best route for the journey, demonstrate initiative
- Ensuring extremely discreet and polite in all dealings with both internal and external contacts as a representative of the company. Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of the company in actions and decisions, in line with the company Code of Conduct
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out daily maintenance checks on vehicles. Ensuring all vehicles are roadworthy before starting on their journey including tyres, petrol, oil and lubricants.
- Ensure the inside and outside of cars are clean all the time and decorate properly according to clients or passengers need, pack up all trash after use.
- Drive the CEO to meetings and functions in and around Nairobi and also up-country.
- Provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensure vehicles are serviced at the stated mileage and all details documented in the Logbook.
- Submit all purchase receipts to the Transportation in charge and ensuring that any mechanical faults are reported to the company.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions and travels involving the nature of the role, passengers and destinations
- Ensuring the safety and security of the passenger and vehicle in your care.
- Accurately complete journey record sheets for all journeys in official vehicles
- A valid driving license class ABCE.
- Excellent driving skills.
- Be conversant with the 4WD manual vehicle.
- Driver experience within a government or NGO or Corporate/Office environment
- 5 years’ experience as an executive driver.
- Basic mechanical knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of local city roads, locations of government offices and main roads to other parts of the country.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions.
- A valid certificate of good conduct.
- Computer literacy.
- Professional appearance and punctuality.
- Strong customer service, customer experience to make a timely and detailed response.
- Ability to communicate in English, Swahili and foreign language will be an added advantage.
- Lifesaving training techniques.
- Defensive driving skills
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and effective listening skills.
- High level of integrity, trustworthy and ability to keep confidentiality.
- Resolving conflicts.
- Ability to work successfully as a part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Good driver customer service protocols and proactive organizational skills.
- Changing and Improving, Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service
- Ladies are highly encouraged to apply