The incumbent will be responsible for delivering quality housekeeping services to guest accommodation, hotel laundry, public facilities, and back of house areas of the property in a consistent, cost effective and safe manner, resulting in the highest standard of guest satisfaction in accordance with company policies, procedures and standards laid out by Management to ensure maximum internal and external customer satisfaction.
We will only consider applications that meet ALL the requirements below therefore please DO NOT respond to this advert if you DO NOT possess all of these attributes and skills.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in: Hospitality Management, Hotel Management or any equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
- At least 5 years experienced in housekeeping division with a minimum of 3 years in a managerial capacity in a 4 or 5 star environment.
- Must be Honest, Trustworthy Reliable and able to take due care of guest belongings.
- Demonstrated professional competence in Hotel or Housekeeping management work.
- Customer service oriented with a positive and outgoing can-do attitude.
- Must be able to control a large and diverse team of house-keeping staff
- Must be excellent in stock control and in maintaining large stores
- Knowledge of Materials Controls system (M.C.).
- Must be tech savvy and have a working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, Housekeeping management software).
- Must be of impeccable appearance, should be able to work with very little supervision, should be goal driven, should be able to multi-task, should be clean, neat and with a keen eye for detail
- Candidate must be willing to relocate to Zanzibar, Tanzania.
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending your CV and a convincing cover letter.
Include passport picture, current & expected salary with your CV.
Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.