The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements: –
Main accountabilities of the Export Sales Manager will include: –
- Achieving sales volumes, profit and market execution targets for Regional Export Markets.
- Coordinating and co-operate with distributors to identify and expand distribution channels/networks with the view to increase availability of products across all channels. Build and maintain excellent relationship with existing and potential new customers.
- Designing, organizing and executing appropriate below the line programs and activities to support distributors and trade to drive consumption of products.
- Undertaking market research, surveys and related studies as and when requested by HQ and make appropriate recommendations on next course of action.
- Providing input for and implementation for business plan for Regional Export Markets.
- Market development: grow the brand equity in export by ensuring product availability in all targeted outlets, create new outlets as per the business plan, deploy trade marketing equipment, execute a picture of success and continually review route to market and recommend improvements whenever deemed necessary.
- Distributor Management; developing and executing Annual Business Plan with major objectives of ensuring every distributor has capability efficiencies, proper outlet execution and expansion benchmarks and objectives are set and met through the execution of distributor plan.
- Leading in product registration and renewal of the same as may be required by different market legislation.
Exports Sales Manager Job Requirements
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:-
- Possess a University Degree in Business, or Management from a reputable university. An MBA or relevant Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 7-10 years in sales and marketing management position with 5 years or more at a senior role with P & L responsibility.
- Must have experience in managing a sales and marketing team in the FMCG Sector.
- Hands on experience in distribution channel development with good track record of channel management achievements in FMCG industry would be an essential competency.
- Excellent leadership skills and strong team player.
- Must be a good listener and communicator with the skills to communicate effectively across all levels, internally and externally.
- Ability to manage work pressure effectively with strong self-awareness and sense of accountability.
- Pleasant, results oriented, hardworking, persuasive individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who is able to think strategically, effectively present ideas in an organized manner.