- Supervise the installation of plant machinery and equipment through Interpretation of engineering drawings and schematic diagrams;
- Undertake routine preventive maintenance, such as inspecting drives, motors, or belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters to curb downtime;
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical faults and determine how to repair them through checking blueprints, repair manuals or parts catalogs as necessary;
- Routinely audit methods of operation, material handling, equipment layout to ensure compliance with best practice;
- Manage engineering technicians to ensure adherence to correct ways of working and performance in line with key indicators;
- Prepare reports as guided by line manager;
- Develop and lead the implementation of Health and Safety regulations related to the use of plant machinery and equipment;
- Support the prequalification process for 3rd party suppliers tasked with maintenance and repair works.
- Planning & Organization;
- Strategic thinking;
- Passion for results;
- Attention to detail;
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Electronic / Mechatronics);
- Valid registration with the Engineers Board of Kenya;
- Extensive experience in a warehousing facility with knowledge of mechanical equipment such as material handling and process machinery;
- 5+ years relevant work experience in a processing environment.