Experience in facility management, engineering, business administration or relevant field
BSc/BA in facility management, engineering, business administration or relevant field
Relevant Previous Experience:
• Proven experience as facilities manager or relevant position.
• Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices.
Have an understanding of the transport industry / similar field.
1) Excellent project management skills
2) Customer/Client Focus.
3) Communication Proficiency.
4) Problem Solving/Analysis.
1) Verbal and written communication skills
2) Proficient with MS Office- Word and excel tools
3) People Management
4) Excellent organizational and leadership skills
1) Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills
2) Negotiation skills
Critical Non-Negotiable attributes
1) Ability to indulge third party stakeholders
2) Proven experience as facilities manager or relevant position
(the role this position reports to) Managing Director
(roles that report into this position) N/A
1) Weekly reporting by compiling checks carried out in the week across branches ( Hashim to share a template of what to check)
2) Compile and analyze monthly costs and advise on trends and areas of improvements.
3) Meeting demand production schedules to ensure contractual turnaround time commitments are achieved.
4) Work with the branch managers / regional managers with an aim of ensuring uniformity in office outlook and in service provision across the board
5) Ensuring that monthly company bills in Nairobi yard, Mombasa yard and branches are paid on time (Electricity, Water bills etc)
6) To get information from the supervisors on a daily basis from branch level on any issues and share with the operations team on a weekly basis.
7) Assets tagging per branch
8) Planning and coordinating all installations and refurbishments
9) Managing the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
10) Inspecting buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
11) Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
12) Supervise all external facilities staff ( Security guards,Cleaners,Cook etc.) and external contractors
13) Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
14) Allocate office space according to needs
15) Handle insurance plans and service contracts on need basis(Company license etc.)
16) Any other duty that may be given by your supervisors /managers