- To develop and implement a planned maintenance program with monitoring, reporting defect, cause, effect and corrective action for all facilities.
- To plan and coordinate the execution of construction activities associated with the preparation for new stores and modernization projects.
- To oversee the design, specification, and procurement and construction management, activities of organization’s facilities.
- Responsible for management of Project contractors/consultants
- Reviews construction project status to monitor schedule and budget variances relative to submitted schedules
- Ensures compliance of statutory requirements in Projects and Utilities
- Management of internal technicians and external contractors.
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary.
- Schedule and Manage routine maintenance.
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation.
- Ensure all processes and compliance programs are met
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues
- Ensure that all premises are suitable and conducive for occupation in terms as per relevant Government Regulations.
- Maintain and update asset register per location
- Reviews, recommends, and implements program and project level policy and procedural innovations
- Prepare budgets and financial reports
- Set, manage and monitor budgets
- Prepare and implement cost saving measures.
- Establish and complete routine inspections
- Ability to deal with a wide range of customers in a professional manner
- Supervise staff and work performed on campus by outside vendors
- Graduate from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in construction management, quantity surveying or architecture or related trainings with 5 years’ experience
- Or Higher National Diploma and related trainings with 10 years’ experience.
Years of Experience
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in facilities/ construction management.
- Contract administration skills and Knowledge
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Conversant with the provision of the new Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Knowledgeable in the environmental and building regulatory laws
- Experience in Real Estate management is an added advantage
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems etc.
- Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Interested persons should submit their applications together with:
- Copies of all academic qualifications (transcripts and certificates)
- Their detailed CVs and their contact mobile telephone numbers
- 3 work references and /or academic references
Send application, CV with all relevant testimonies and reference letters by Thursday 27th February 2020