· Responsible for high-volume production of briquettes made of sugarcane bagasse; supervises machine operators of briquettes production lines and accountable for ensuring production requirements are met as per the schedule.
· Proactively maintains and repairs all factory machinery and mechanical equipment (briquetting machines, mechanical drier, hammermill, etc.); able to use hand and power tools including welding machine and gas cutter.
· This role strictly requires a versatile, hands-on doer with excellent technical and mechanical skills as well as communication and teamwork abilities.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
Supervise Briquettes Production
· Supervise briquetting machine operators; monitor and ensure a steady flow of work in the production room.
· Ensure all scheduled production volumes are met with minimal supervision.
· Manage staff and equipment schedules, downtime, training, and maintenance.
· Implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for each stage of production in his/her area of work and ensure staff follows them.
· Understand, implement, and enforce policies and regulations, including ensuring a safe working environment.
Perform Preventative Maintenance and Repairs
· Ensure all machines (briquetting machines, hammermill, mechanical drier) are operating in their optimal conditions; attentively listen to machines sounds to locate causes of trouble and subsequent troubleshooting.
· Draw and implement routine/preventive maintenance schedules alongside repairing all machinery and equipment to minimize downtime, increase reliability, and improve machine availability.
· Test and adjust equipment to meet performance specifications.
· Ensure breakdowns are immediately resolved.
· Train machine operators on how to lubricate and clean parts, equipment, and machinery and assist where necessary.
· Set up and operate other machines and tools to make and repair parts where necessary.
· Supervise the installation of new production lines.
· Maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate variable shifts depending on maintenance workload.
· Any other Engineering duties as assigned from time to time.
Participate in Factory Planning
· Participate in planning production schedule for the team; shares ideas on the human resources and material required for the operations to be running smoothly.
· Proactively participate in scheduled meetings and freely interact with the team with new ideas for improvement.
· Track spare parts usage and analyze effectiveness.
· Provide guidelines on the best quality and specifications for procurement purposes.
· Handle projects as assigned from time to time
· Engineering Advanced Diploma/Degree (Mechanical/Mechatronics/Electrical)
· Over 2 years’ experience working with heavy screw driven compacting machines
· Excellent welding skills
· Trained in mechanical principles for motors, crank shafts, dies, rams, pistons, and screw driven mechanisms.
· Able to study and understand the machines, dismantle to repair, repair or replace defective parts, and subsequently assemble/install the machines to normalcy.
· Experience in briquetting industry and specifically Ronak/Radhe machines is preferred, but not required
· Excellent and professional verbal and written communication abilities
· Fluent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
To Apply: Submit
· Cover letter explaining your relevant experience and interest in this position
or 2-page CV
· Relevant diplomas and certificates
Hard copies of the application will not be accepted at the office.