- Keeping proper records of the farm
- Milk records
- Treatment records
- Breeding record
- Vaccination record
- Deworming record
- Calf record sheet
- Feed inventory record
- Drug and farm necessity inventory
- Inspect barns and milking parlor for cleanliness and maintenance and inform workers of actions required to ensure compliance with established standards
- Examine cows for evidence of illness and injuries, treat and manage the injuries and illnesses, deliver calves and engage the veterinarian in case of serious illnesses and injuries.
- Study and analyze feed and milk production to determine feed formula required to optimize milk yield
- Study and analyze genetic and health records to develop schedule for activities like dehorning, breeding, deworming, weight taking, vaccinations
- Keep proper inventory of drugs and semen on the farm with accurate records of their use
- Report with an adequate notice of not less than 3 days on inputs that need to be purchased for smooth running of the farm. These include inputs for making concentrates, animal feeds and other farm necessities.