The Farmer Service Unit (FSU) will lead the implementation of NKG Bloom (https://nkgbloom.coffee/) in Kenya.
NKG Bloom is Neumann Kaffee Gruppe’s global sustainable business strategy focusing on improving smallholder livelihoods via holistic service packages. Through the FSU and NKG Bloom, Tropical Farm Management will expand its services to smallholders and cooperatives, including financing, technical assistance, and access to inputs (e.g., fertilizer & seedlings).
The FSU Manager position will be based in Ruiru, Nairobi, and reports directly to the regional MD of NKG East Africa. The main responsibility for this position is the implementation of Bloom and the respective services provided under the program in Kenya, including:
• Implementation of the FSU strategy to ensure that the FSU-targets are met and aligned with the general strategy of Tropical Farm Managements (TFM) marketing agency
• Strengthen the relationships to cooperatives and smallholder farmers, which should foster TFM’s position as Kenyan market leader and ensure the long-term financial viability of this business line
• Management of the loan portfolio placed under the smallholder livelihood facility, including follow up on repayments and reporting to NKG HQ and its respective partners
• Establish the annual FSU budget jointly with the management and monitoring the expenditures accordingly.
• Heading the FSU team and developing it further
• Further implementation and development of the FieldBuzz IT application to ensure efficient farmer financing, input supply, and traceability processes.
• Handling relationships with partners and potential buyers jointly with the management and the commercial team as well as the exploration of new partnership opportunities
• Fluent in English, Kiswahili would be a clear advantage
• Experience in development finance and project management
• Excellent leadership and communication skills and good commercial sense
• Minimum of Bachelor´s Degree in (Development-) Economics, Finance, or Agribusiness
Does that sound interesting?
Then please send us your application documents, stating your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.