DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare specialty foods such as pizzas, fish and chips and sandwiches, following specific methods that usually require short preparation time.
- Prepare food of consistent quality with recipe cards and production and portion standards.
- Use information about daily menus to help coordinate cooking times.
- Prepare and serve beverages such as fresh juice.
- Order and receive deliveries from suppliers.
- Pre-cook items such as bacon and boerewors in order to prepare them for later use.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions as to food required by patron, and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Package batches of food, such as French fries and fried chicken, which are prepared to order or kept warm until sold.
- Serve orders to customers at windows, counters, or tables.
- Stock and restock workstations and display cases.
Required skills and qualifications
- Should be innovative, proactive and able to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills and aggressiveness.
- Should be customer service oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Diploma in food & beverage management, hospitality management/ or any related course.
- At least 2 years of experience.
How to Apply:
Please send your application quoting the job title in the email subject (Fast food chef) by 22nd November 2018.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.