About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Fertilizer Logistics Coordinator will manage the quality checking and loading of different fertilizer types at different ports and supplier warehouses, transport tracking and coordination, and, work with regional warehouse managers during delivery periods to ensure they're receiving fertilizer the right way.
Logistics and Procurement 70%:
- Creation of Requests For Quotations.
- Support Fertilizer sampling and test analysis at ISO-certified laboratories.
- Develop and execute the fertilizer quality checking process in Mombasa and Dar es Salaam.
- Travel to Mombasa and Dar Es Salaam for extended periods of time is required.
- Support in coordinating, and tracking fertilizer deliveries by working with truck companies and warehousing agents in East Africa to ensure deliveries are made on time and in full.
- Work with clearing agents and insurance companies across Eastern Africa.
Administration 30% :
- Maintain team records and templates for purchase orders, contracts, and other required documents.
- Request and track payments by working closely with the finance team.
- Occasionally, go-to suppliers warehouses to pick up items and dispatch.
- Provide general administrative support to Inputs Team Manager.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training development programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a busy Procurement and Logistics role preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Operations or related field.
- Demonstrated understanding of Google Suite
- Project management and data analysis skills will be an added advantage
- Ability to work on prolonged projects or under pressure
- Stakeholder Management skills
- Proactive problem-solving personality: have critical thinking skills
24th February 2020
Health insurance paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.