Are you the next addition to our Lipa Later Family?
Are you an aggressive, competent, dependable and financially astute collections professional, eager for the opportunity to broaden your experience and exposure in debt management?
We are aligning, recruiting and building a Team of industry leaders and influencers who will shape the future and determine the next frontiers of the retail and consumer market in Africa.
We provide an autonomous working platform and environment that breeds cohesion and team work towards the achievement of common goals, all while creating “cool” and revolutionary products and services.
We seek to provide a road map to self-fulfilment and our culture embodies tenets of support, collaboration and innovation.
What is Lipa Later?
Lipa Later is a risk free, point of sale credit option that allows retailers to sell goods and services in affordable monthly installments.
We utilize financial inclusion and data driven retail networks to increase the purchasing power of the 1-billion+ African consumers.
We are a financial partner that makes living more affordable and everyone’s dream come true.
Your role should you be successful:
- Identify clients to be visited depending on the severity of their delinquency
- Work in conjunction with the debt Managers in identifying the potentially risky clients and conducting Field Visits on them
- Conduct a skip- trace on the delinquent accounts and identify where they can be traced- being their Place of employment or Residence
- Negotiate for clearance of arrears/default with clients depending on the interaction in the Field
- Daily update Individual Field Portfolio records – that is repayments made, Promises to Pay made, demand notices sent, accounts recommended for repossession, accounts repossessed from.
- Ensure demand notices for debtors who did not keep their Promises to Pay are sent in a timely manner as per policy.
- Conduct repossessions on defaulted accounts as per plan.
- Support CROs in regions to conduct follow ups on accounts in arrears/default.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in debt collection with at least one (1) year experience in field collections.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency in usage of debt record databases
- A good and clear speaker
- A good listener
- An aggressive individual
- A persistent individual
- Works well with minimal supervision
- Report writing and presentation skills