4G Capital offers an opportunity to people who want to improve themselves in a dynamic and growing international business. We embrace talent that is engaging, has high energy and integrity, and is focused on delivering results and a great customer experience. We believe in the power of developing our internal resources to introduce our fresh new business approach to Kenya and other African countries. You will help to develop our offering and processes to deliver exceptional business results whilst putting the needs of the customer at the forefront.
4G Capital will be working with the retail industry in Kenya to provide customers with an end-to-end retail credit service. 4G Capital facilitates this service from the application process through to collections.
All applicants need to be able to handle change as it is the nature of any start up business that there will be constant change until the business normalizes.
DEPARTMENT: Collections Cell
REPORTING LINE: Collections Manager
SITE LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya
Manage team performance and ensure that:
- Ensure all work queues are acted upon.
- Ensure all PTP information to be captured accurately.
- Contact defaulting customers either by calling or visiting them with an aim of negotiating a settlement of the arrears
- Ensure allocated accounts are monitored on a daily basis and appropriate actions taken to ensure that the collection portfolio remains within accepted limits through the application of sound credit judgment within policy guidelines.
- To investigate and resolve any customer queries and complaints through verbal or written correspondence in line with 4G Capital policies.
- To achieve the monthly collection targets.
- To ensure that all communication whether written or oral to be in line with the 4G Capital quality standards.
- Identify and escalate deceased or disabled customers to collections management for review or collection termination.
- Perform field visits and submit reports/action plans to recover debt.
- Work closely with the branches on their bad debt portfolio
Other duties include:
- Conduct field visit assessment before the agents visit the market areas.
- Manage relationships with local authorities and Security Officers
- Plan and organize field collection drives across all branches.
- Flag BFCs to be forwarded to the EDC for action
- Perform any other duties as the company may from time to time designate as forming part of this job description
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
- 1-2 years of collections experience
- A good level of general education – completion of Grade 12
- Computer literacy
- Previous experience in retail or financial services advantageous
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) and Swahili
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE.
- Team Player
- Detail orientation
- Self-motivated and pro – active
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Problem solving / solution driven / negotiation
- Excellent communication skills – articulate and well spoken