Reports to: Field Operations Officer
- Ensuring that targets for weekly farm visits are met; that proper/viable data and samples are collected from the visits.
- Ensuring that weekly/monthly seedling and soil testing targets are met.
- Ensuring that periodic farm produce targets are met.
- Acting as a source of knowledge/information for farmers who are: visited, call in or reach out through the organization’s social media platforms.
- Assisting with curriculum development and conducting scheduled training based on the organization’s training calendar.
- A diploma/ certificate in Agri-Business, Agriculture-Economics, or any other Agriculture based degree.
- Must be an active member of an Agriculture based/Farming Social Media page (PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH ONE IN YOUR APPLICATION).
- Over 3 years working experience as a Field Officer/Extension Officer.
- Must have PROVEN marketing skills.
- Preferably an accident/incident FG rider/driver. (Motorcycle)
- Must have excellent reporting and record keeping skills.
- Ability to train farmers from Land preparations to market.
- Have an understanding of farming dynamics with respect to: food security, household incomes, and agriculture commercialization.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail with good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- MUST HAVE INTEGRITY.
Applications must have:
- ½ page motivational letter stating why you are best suited for the position
- Updated CV with contact details of 3 referees.
Deadline: 17th August 2019