Reports to: COO
Reporting to you: Field Officers; Farm Managers
- In charge of the organization’s revenue streams and the set weekly/monthly/annual targets.
- Managing, organizing and supervising the Field Officers;providing training and managing their performance; ensuring their individual targets are met.
- Developing & tracking the planting calendar; ensuring maximum productivity for the organization owned farms.
- Developing and implementing the training curriculum for the organization.
- Acting as a source of reference for the organization in the farming life cycle; and coming up with implementable field strategies.
- Participate in material planning and creation of BOM (Bill of Materials) for our farms, farmers and SFP farmers
- Works with farm managers to gain feedback and upper-level management to report on findings.
- The field operations manager conducts meetings and prepares analytical reports and summaries for higher-level management.
- Travels to the different regions the organization has representation whenever required.
- Establish, communicate, and evaluate progress towards field goals and benchmarks
- A degree in Agri-Business Management, Agriculture-Economics, or any other Agriculture based degree.
- Experience in developing farmer to farmer support systems or Training.
- Must be an active member of an Agriculture based/Farming Social Media page (PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH ONE IN YOUR APPLICATION)
- Over 5 years working experience as a Field Agronomist in an agricultural company; AT LEAST 2 years in management/ supervisory role.
- Proven experience in Commercial Farm Management.
- Preferably an accident/incident free BCE- and FG driver. (Heavy commercial and Motorcycle).
- Must have excellent reporting and record keeping skills.
- Have experience in procurement, logistics and supply chain management.
- Have a good understanding of farming dynamics with respect to: food security, household incomes and agriculture commercialization.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail with good organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft office suite with strong emphasis to PowerPoint, Excel for Office use
- Excellent organization, outstanding interpersonal and management skills
- Must be an independent thinker
- Must be highly motivated and results oriented as well as work well under pressure.
- Time management and self-motivation are extremely important.
- MUST HAVE INTEGRITY.
Applications must have:
- ½ page motivational letter stating why you are best suited for the position and how you have helped farmers succeed.
- 2-page PowerPoint presentation on how you have helped farmers
- Updated CV with contact details of 3 referees.
Deadline: 17th August 2019