Reports to the Sales Manager.
- Generates and grows sales revenue to achieve set targets.
- Prospects for new customers through visits and follow up on existing customers.
- Determines how best to reach new customers and gain trust to discuss products. Uses an existing network of industry contacts to generate new business Cultivates the relationships created to generate sales of auto spares products.
- Builds upon solid relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Acts as a contact between the company, existing and potential markets.
- Sells automotive parts to new and existing customers to generate business.
- Introduces new product lines, co-ordinates product seminars and promotions in collaboration with the Marketing team. Answers customer’s queries about prices, availability and product use.
- Ensures debt collection and past due payments are done timely and as per the set policies.
- A Diploma level of Education is required preferably with sales qualifications.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a sales or marketing position and an understanding of automotive and vehicle spare parts experience is required.
- Knowledge of store inventory systems, basic automotive and parts.
- Experience in cold calling and visits to potential customers to develop business.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving, negotiation and closing sales.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to conduct business in a professional manner with customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic to intermediate computer skills with MS office including Outlook, Word, Excel
- Should be self-driven; able to work independently to deliver results and honest.
- Sensitive to company & customer needs.
- Good application of inter personal skills to enhance team work and flexibility to accommodate work schedules especially in communicating with customers.
- Able to work under pressure without losing focus.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on timely information and analysis.