Duties & responsibilities
1. Installs and repairs electronic equipment and in field installations: Consults with customer or supervisor to plan layout of equipment.
2. Studies blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation procedures.
3. Installs or oversees installation of equipment as per manufacturer's specifications.
4. Operates system to demonstrate equipment and to analyze malfunctions.
5. Interprets maintenance manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams, and repairs equipment, utilizing knowledge of electronics and using standard test instruments
and hand tools.
6. Instructs and directs customer’s technicians in servicing and repairing equipment.
7. Consults with engineering personnel to resolve unusual problems in system operation and maintenance.
8. May instruct customer’s technicians in electronic theory.
9. May supervise customer’s technicians in testing, tuning, and adjusting equipment to obtain optimum operating performance.
10.May advise management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product improvements.
▪ Bachelor´s Degree in a Biomedical, Scientific, Computer or Engineering
▪ Related degrees for this industry are Bachelor´s degrees in Electrical, Civil, and Mechanical Engineering.