· Installs and repairs electronic equipment and in field installations: Consults with customer or supervisor to plan layout of equipment.
Studies blueprints, schematics,
manuals, and other specifications to determine installation
Installs or oversees installation of
equipment as per manufacturer's specifications.
Operates system to demonstrate
equipment and to analyze malfunctions.
· Interprets maintenance manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams, and repairs equipment, utilizing knowledge of electronics and using standard test instruments and hand tools.
Instructs and directs customer’s
technicians in servicing and repairing equipment.
· Consults with engineering personnel to resolve unusual problems in system operation and maintenance.
May instruct customer’s technicians
in electronic theory.
May supervise customer’s technicians
in testing, tuning, and adjusting equipment to
obtain optimum operating performance.
May advise management regarding
customer satisfaction, product performance, and
suggestions for product improvements.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, Civil, and/or mechanical engineering.