Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparation and maintenance of the budget, ensuring adherence to targets, monitoring and reporting results and preparing periodic forecasts
• Implementation of financial policies and procedures
• Establishing, maintaining and reconciling the general ledger, accounting journals and other financial records
• Performing month end close and reporting procedures
• Payroll processing: collecting, confirming and processing timesheets; verifying and remitting taxes and other statutory deductions; preparing and distributing payroll checks
• Tracking employee vacation and sick time
• Establishing and maintaining cash controls around deposits and disbursements
• Ensuring transactions are properly recorded and entered into the accounting system
• Performing all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations
• Maintaining all relevant insurance policies
• Monitoring cash reserves
• Preparing and submit customer invoices coding, posting and receipting payments
• Monitoring customer accounts and all other accounts receivable for non-payment and delayed payment and performing collection duties
• Establishing and maintaining new and existing supplier and vendor files and accounts
• Receiving, verifying and processing supplier invoices
• Sorting, coding and entering accounts payable data; researching and resolving discrepancies and unpaid invoices
• Preparing payments for signing
• Issuing cheques or processing EFTs for accounts due
• Designing and maintaining the purchase order system
• Ensuring data is entered into Quickbooks
• Ensuring security for all payment modes, verifying charges and reconciling statements
• Maintaining the Fixed Asset register
• Maintaining inventory records
• Preparing income statements and balance sheets
• Liaising with the auditor to produce annual audited financial statements
• Establishing and maintaining a range of basic databases and records systems including:
o Financial files and records
o Office records
o Others as required
• Supporting the Board for Committee Meetings and AGMs as follows:
o Attend meetings as required
o Produce Financial statements
o Distribute meeting documents
o Take Minutes when required
• Ordering and collecting office consumables, stationery, and kitchen supplies
• Providing administrative assistance to the Chief Executive Officer
• Performing other related duties as required by the Chief Executive Officer
• KCSE : B- or Higher
• A degree in Accounting, Finance/Business Administration/Commerce is desirable
• CPA/ACCA/CIMA qualifications.
• 3 to 5 years of relevant job experience.
• Must be analytical, with strong attention to detail.
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel and accounting programmes
• Ability to work within strict deadlines and limited supervision.
• Strong team player with good interpersonal skills.
• High sense of urgency and drive.
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
• Result oriented with focus on quality.
• Demonstrable experience in a similar role as described in the Duties and Responsibilities above
• Good understanding of accounting principles including accrual accounting, reconciliations, general ledger journals and preparedness to learn more complex principles
• Expert in the use of Quickbooks
• A high level of knowledge and competency in Microsoft Office especially Word and Excel
• Commitment to the Vision and Mission Statement of iMED Healthcare
• A high level of integrity
• Respect for the different contribution of individuals within the staff team
• Demonstrated team-work skills
• Good communication skills with a wide range of people
• Experience in providing general support in a small team
• Ability to work autonomously and effectively, managing own workload without continual guidance
• Attention to detail and good time management and organization skills
• Commitment to a process of professional development and continuous improvement
• DCI Police Clearance/ Certificate of Good Conduct – current within 1 year of application for this position
• Tax Compliance Certificate
• A copy of your First Schedule (S.13) Self Declaration Form from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• A copy of your report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau