Reporting directly to the Managing Director (MD) in Kenya and functionally to the Africa head of Finance in South Africa, main responsibilities will involve:
· Preparation of Kenya trial balance on a monthly basis.
· Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
· Full ownership of revenue production system called Chase (creating cost estimates, doing billing instructions, invoicing, supplier PO’s, credit notes). Take up of WIP and deferred revenue.
· Responsibility for all revenue related administration such as contracts.
· Liaison with clients, suppliers, client service Kenya team, MD, and the UK reporting team.
· Maintenance of accounts receivable and accounts payable aged analysis.
· Ability to work with foreign exchange rates.
· Maintenance of client budget documents and full understanding of client projects.
· Preparing supplier invoices for the local Kenyan accountants to load onto the bank.
· Assisting with reporting:
v Preparation and set up of three-monthly flash reports including loading onto the system
v Preparation of variance commentaries for the flash reports
v Assistance in budgeting including budget preparation and loading of budget figures onto the system.
· Preparation and maintenance of cash flow documents and calculations.
The individual will be hardworking, possess good work ethics, presentable, team player, with good communication, and interpersonal skills. He/she must also possess a good understanding of operational and commercial management. Knowledge and experience in the marketing services sector and regional business landscape will be an added advantage. High integrity, agility, ability to use discretion, attention to details, flexibility, and being a self-starter will be essential.
· Fully qualified CPA (K) or ACCA with over 5 years working experience in the role of financial and commercial officer. Qualifications in CIMA or CA will be an added advantage.
· A university degree in an economic field.
· Computer literacy, especially on QuickBooks accounting software, Chase, SAP, Hyperion, FRC and MS Excel.
· Skills and training in soft skills such as planning and prioritising and time management.
· Over 30 years of age.
If you meet the above requirements, please send your curriculum vitae together with your daytime telephone contact and your expected salary to the below email address, to reach us not later than Friday 21 June 2019. Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
firstname.lastname@example.org Executive Selection Delyde Associates