The client seeksto hire a Finance and Grants Manager, to be a member of the Finance department supporting the financial functions for Kenya Office including; Financial duties, and ensuring that the organization maintains a robust and transparent status.
Reports to: Country Director
Contract Type: 12 months (Renewable depending on performance & availability of funding)
- Oversee and manage daily country-wide accounting and finance functions including the timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, statutory, inventory, receivables, and payables.
- Plan and implement systems for financial operations in accordance with the APP’s Finance Manual and donor regulations, including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, financial reporting, financial record-keeping, grants management and compliance.
- Perform reviews as required to ensure compliance with APP and donor requirements.
- Effectively stay abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; and train APP’s program and partner staff in these policies.
- Provide on-going technical support for drafting and reviewing budgets and financial narratives for new proposal development. Take the lead as appropriate in the budget development process including facilitation of review and feedback of budget by APP HQ.
- Ensure proper maintenance of local office policies and procedures and provide training for all issues related to local financial matters.
- Ensure all requisitions, payment vouchers are timely and properly prepared.
- Bookkeeping including:
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts plus annual accounts.
- Updating and maintaining of all grants budgets and financial reports on monthly, Quarterly and Annual basis.
- Statutory tax remittances and payments including PAYE,NSSF,NHIF, HELB among others
- Petty cash and MPESA account Management.
- Timely Payment processing within budget lines – both online and cash payments.
- Ensure there is a proper and accurate filing system for all finance documents.
- Ensure there is a robust procurement system in place and that the system is followed.
- Ensure that all grant budgets are managed effectively and expenditure is as stated in grant agreement.
- Compile financial reports for all grants for presentation to Senior Management and Board of Trustees
- Ensure there is proper Asset Management
- Ensure all requisite requisitions and payment vouchers are prepared accurately, in a timely manner and are reconciled to the budgeted payments.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and reconcile in QuickBooks
- Budgeting including monthly and annual budgeting
- Budget monitoring of monthly cashflows and all active grants
- Posting of all financial information into QuickBooks
- Preparation of information for audit files and information required for external auditors
- Adhere to deadlines for APP internal financial reporting and donor budgeting and reporting.
- The applicants for the Finance and Grants Manager job should hold a Bachelor’s degree in ﬁnance, Accounting or its equivalent.
- Must be a Certiﬁed Public Accountants (CPA) professional, or ACCA.
- At least three years as an accountant or finance manager in a busy Non-Governmental Organisation.
- Advanced oral and writing skills, and an ability to present information and arguments clearly; excellent interpersonal skills; IT skills appropriate to an office or NGO (field) environment.
- Experience with multiple donor-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Experience in dealing with government officials and an ability to work consultatively within democratic structures; sympathy with the aims, objectives and academic values at the highest levels having a commitment to the highest possible standards.
Skills and Competences
- Excellent interpersonal skills (e.g.; communication, self-awareness, building trust, questioning & listening, influencing, assertiveness, problem-solving, decision making)
- Good Numerical ability & Literate
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks Online and excel
How to Apply
Please send just your CV and Covering Letter by 9th August 2019 to Human Resource and Administration Manager. CV’s should not be more than 3 pages long - education certificates or references are not required at this stage
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.