Africa Healthcare Network is building the first dialysis chain across East Africa, providing high-quality, life-saving dialysis at an affordable cost to both the local patient population and patients from neighbouring countries, which do not have centres of their own. AHN brings world-class technical expertise combined with developing world practical operating experience to a region in dire need of quality dialysis treatment. In North America, over 97% of patients requiring treatment for kidney disease receive care; in East Africa, less than 5% receive care. AHN's goal is to increase access to high quality care at a lower cost to patients, delivered through a sustainable business model.
AHN is undergoing rapid growth in Kenya and is looking for a finance assistant that will support continuous ethical management of financial transactions and work closely with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Operations Manager and CEO to build the business.
Duties and responsibilities
- Executing daily transactions classification and recording keeping using Microsoft excel.
- Posting transactions on Quick Books basing on accrual accounting principle.
- Updating accounts payables and receivables on Microsoft excel spreadsheets and on Quick Books, basing on payments, debit notes and credit notes.
- Analysing financial data using Microsoft excel functions.
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with all files and correspondence
- Facilitating preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on daily clinical bills and trackers.
- Support writing of progress and annual reports.
- Support the development of information and policy.
- Administrative and project liaison support.
- Follow-up report submission and disbursement of funds.
- Assist the due diligence processes of potential partners.
- Maintain and regularly update travel plans and provide updated reports to the team.
- Communicate with travel agencies to obtain estimated fares.
- Reconcile travel expenditures for all team members and submit them for authorization and payment.
- The post holder may additionally be called upon to undertake any other duties and tasks appropriate to the role and level of the position.
- Perform any other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- At least 2 years of experience in Finance, Accountancy or operations management
- Strong understanding of IAS, IFRSs, ISAs and Kenya tax laws.
- Work experience in healthcare sector is a plus
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience building and maintaining customer and supplier relationships
- Ability to work through sensitive political contexts and develop strong relationships with government officials and multilateral organizations
- Strong work ethic and flexibility, respectful of local norms and culture, ability to work with humility and urgency
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Speaks fluent English and Kiswahili
Mode of Application
- All eligible applicants are encouraged to submit their CVs online.
- Africa Healthcare Network is an equal opportunity employer, therefore all ethical and competent applicants from all races, gender and all ethnic backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.