LOCATION: Lusi in
REPORTS TO: Finance
Assistants and Finance Officer
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
support to the Finance Manager on bookkeeping, accounts and on financial
administration and audit.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review financial records i.e. Project books, Bank and petty
cash books, ledgers, journal and bank reconciliation.
- Review Suppliers and Credit control reconciliation to ensure
effective cash flow management and Accounts payable.
- Take part in preparation, co-ordination and control of
budget, cash flow projections and actual cash analysis.
- Take part in Petty cash projections and daily cash count.
- Take part in budget forecasts and budget tracking.
- Review of monthly trial balances and final accounts i.e.
income and expenditure & balance sheet.
- Review of Monthly financial reports and ensuring compliance to
donor and trustee specifications.
- Sending accurate and timely financial reports to donors and
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of
financial management strategies and policies
- Assist in ensuring the Fixed Asset Register is kept up to
date and that all assets are coded.
- Ensure that the project does not suffer financial loss
through fraud and error by ensuring that assets are safeguarded by closely
monitoring the systems of internal control.
- Ensure that the project complies with all the legal,
regulatory and audit requirements, including submitting relevant reports to the
- Ensure safekeeping of all unused cheque books.
- Regular audits to review inventory and stock movement based
on weekly/monthly/quarterly reports.
- Assist in ensuring that adequate insurance coverage for all
assets is in place.
- Maintain of donor database of Financial reporting
- Conduct spotchecks to ensure financial filing system
standards are upheld.
- Build effective working relationships with government
institutions, NGOs, and private sector organisations.
- Represent the organisation in relevant forums whenever
- Maintain good public relations, networking and collaboration
with other like-minded organisations.
Governance and Management
- Ensure responsible, transparent and compliant use of funds
within approved budget and in compliance with RWMT’s policies.
- Ensure continuous monitoring and evaluation of the project
activities vis-à-vis budget and program plans.
- Present monthly project reports to the Finance Manager.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial accounting and
reporting, and provide adequate management information at all times. This
includes information for the Board, and statutory bodies.
- Interpret and implement government policies that affect the
activities of the project.
- Ensure adherence to RWMT’s policies and procedures as
outlined in the Financial Policy and Procedures and Procurement Manuals,
accounting standards and statutory requirement pertaining to accounting and
- Review and support the Finance officers and Finance
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be
assigned by the Supervisor and management from time to time and which are
related to the achievement of RWMT’s mission and vision.
- Actively participate in the Saturday Psycho-Social Support
Program for Orphaned and Vulnerable Children and build the community’s capacity
to eventually run the Saturday PSS on their own.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Level of education: At least a Bachelor’s degree in finance/Audit
- Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications: Should
hold a professional qualification such as CPA, ACCA, CFA, or CA
- Other competencies: Requires strong interpersonal,
communication, leadership and administration skills. Requires good Computer
skills especially in accounting application software’s such as QuickBooks,
sage, pastel. Should be good in auditing.
- Job experience: At least five (5) years’ experience in a
The work involves implementation of activities according to
the financial, personnel and administrative policies & procedures and
specified donor requirements.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The position requires the incumbent to work long and odd
hours when necessary to meet deadlines or respond to specific situations.